Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Last Lesson!

Well this was the final week of this semester's Family Relations class.
I have really enjoyed every minute I have spent in this class learning about the family.
I have definitely learned so much and I will remember everything I have learned so that I can use it in my own family.
This last week we talked about the aging family, and how after the kids leave the house... you're still married!
It's important to keep a healthy relationship with your spouse throughout the children years, so when the kids are gone that love is still there and you are able to get along, and enjoy the time you will have alone with your spouse.
It's also important to remember that when your kids are off doing their thing, you let them do their thing and not try to intervene and continue to parent your now adult child.
We read a story about a family that ended up with the parents getting a divorce because the wife's mom was way too invested.
It was a few interesting days and while I'm not even close to reaching those days, I'm glad I know a little what to expect and have some insight.

I am so glad I was able to take this class and learn all of the things that I have!
I have a stronger testimony of families and the responsibility we have to raise families. 
I am excited to start my life and be able to implement the lessons I have learned; parenting, marriage skills, family roles, etc.  I think because of this class my testimony has grown and my knowledge about the importance of families has grown as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment