Saturday, December 14, 2013

Lesson 12!

Over the past few days we have been talking about divorce, and remarriage. 
This topic hit home a little bit because I have a family member who has been divorced and remarried, and it's kind of hard on their family.
While sometimes it might be necessary to get a divorce, I definitely think it is something that needs a lot more thought than people usually give it.
The children in these two families that were brought together have been affected so much in a negative way because of it.  It makes me so sad to see how much harder their lives are because of this little detour they took.
I have seen how it is hard to have a joint family, but I definitely don't think it's impossible to make it work.  My dad also has somewhat of a joint family, and they are our favorite people to be with, because it really seemed to work out in that family!
It scares me a little bit because I'm afraid of divorce or ever thinking that I might have to go through one.  So that is something I really think about when I am dating around; making sure I find someone who really shares all of my values and is willing to work hard at hard things.
Getting a divorce isn't the end of the world, however, and I am not trying to say that if it happens your life will be miserable.  But it's for sure something to think about before you just run in and sign those papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment